Sunday, June 2, 2013

Once In A Lifetime Opportunity... Part II

During the summer of 2011, I spent three weeks (-ish) traveling through Europe with a friend.  We roomed on the fourth floor of youth hostels that lacked working elevators, ate in cafes that belong in movies, rode through the Chunnell, got hustled out of money while trying to buy Metro (subway) tickets, unwittingly arrived in Paris on Bastille day, finally received written proof that we weren't witches, stayed with my AMAZING Dutch family, were made fun of in Paris for being American, ate some fabulous Dutch Pannekoeken and Belgian waffles, accidentally walked along a nude beach... We've got some great stories.

After marrying my high school sweetheart Patrick and forming a pretty awesome family (if I do say so myself), I was fairly sure my traveling days were over for now.  The Hot Springs Sister City Foundation has thankfully! proven me wrong.  In less than 36 hours, I'll be on my way to Japan for a week-long adventure, learning about the Japanese culture and exploring our fantastic "Sister City", Hanamaki.

A second "once in a lifetime opportunity"?  Why not?!

:)

1 comment:

  1. Such wonderful memories from that trip! Have a wonderful trip to Japan and take lots of touristy pictures :)

    ReplyDelete